Wednesday, August 16, 2023

On REVITALIZING self

 

1 Corinthians 2:14

King James Version

14 But the natural man 

receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: 

for they are foolishness unto him: 

neither can he know them, 

because they are spiritually discerned.


Who has the most fun in this world?

Certainly those who serve CHRIST.

Our steps are sure.

Our goals are clear.

Our mission worthwhile.

Life and work become fruitful, and purposeful.

Work can only be fruitful, if your lord is GOD.

Not the foolish things of the world.

JESUS told us so:

Luke 16:15

King James Version

15 And he said unto them, 

Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; 

but God knoweth your hearts: 

for that which is highly esteemed among men 

is abomination in the sight of God.


If your work seems repetitive, you're probably bored.

If you drag yourself to work each morning, then it's time to rethink work.

If the little things fail to elicit a smile from you, you're definitely bored.

If you're a cranky old pot, then you need CHRIST.

Only through JESUS can you have a worthwhile life.

Bored, listless, lethargic?

You're ready for something new.

You need to be born again.

John 3:3-7

King James Version

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, 

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, 

Except a man be born again, 

he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, 

How can a man be born when he is old? 

can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, 

and be born?

5 Jesus answered, 

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, 

Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, 

he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; 

and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, 

Ye must be born again.


How else can you feel new, or renewed?

2 Corinthians 5:17

King James Version

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, 

he is a new creature: 

old things are passed away; 

behold, 

all things are become new.


When GOD wants to expand your life and work, prepare for something wonderful.

GOD is certainly full of surprises.

Only a fool would not want to work with GOD.

How can you not want to?

You're leaning against the ROCK.

Psalm 18:2

King James Version

2 The Lord is my rock, 

and my fortress, 

and my deliverer; 

my God, 

my strength, 

in whom I will trust; 

my buckler, 

and the horn of my salvation, 

and my high tower.


Your foundation is sure.

Psalm 62:5-8

King James Version

5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; 

for my expectation is from him.

6 He only is my rock and my salvation: 

he is my defence; I shall not be moved.

7 In God is my salvation and my glory: 

the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, 

pour out your heart before him: 

God is a refuge for us. Selah.


JESUS wants us to be childlike with Him.

Matthew 18:3-5

King James Version

3 And said, 

Verily I say unto you, 

Except ye be converted, 

and become as little children, 

ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself 

as this little child, 

the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5 And whoso shall receive 

one such little child in my name receiveth me.


Since I totally gave my heart to JESUS nearly four years ago, my life and work have greatly expanded.

It's not for money, but for GOD.

It's not for self, but for you.

It's not prestige, but for the GLORY of GOD.

As these blogs show.

There can be no more delightful work, than to work for GOD.

His SPIRIT will guide you ALL the time.

Your focus will always be on JESUS.

Only through JESUS can we serve other people well.

He will bring your life and work, where He will.

It will touch other's lives, according to GOD's will.

Without JESUS, we can't really do much.

Man thinks he can go about it his way.

Not so.

John 15:5

King James Version

5 I am the vine, 

ye are the branches: 

He that abideth in me, and I in him, 

the same bringeth forth much fruit: 

for without me ye can do nothing.


Let our foundation, in life and work, be founded upon CHRIST alone:

The CHIEF Corner Stone

JESUS as the FOUNDATION of Our Life, Home, and Work

ROCK steady


Related material:

BORN AGAIN articles

BORN AGAIN classics

REVITALIZING churches

EDUCATION from SPIRIT

WORK made NOBLE

On LOVING GOD

SPIRIT of GOD


Image: Clipart Library


Ambassadress of GOD's WILL

  2 Corinthians 5:20 King James Version 20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ,  as though God did beseech you by us:  we pray you in Chr...