Saturday, March 25, 2023

Drilled OUT of my brain

 

Psalm 81:10

King James Version

10 I am the Lord thy God, 

which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: 

open thy mouth wide, 

and I will fill it.


Ever gone to the dentist?

How was your experience?

Did you eventually get to flash your pearly whites?

I must admit I've neglected my teeth badly.

A month ago, a molar became loose against my gums.

Weird kid that I am, I tried pulling it out myself.

Won't do.

Pushed it the other way.

Whoa, great pain there.

So, it went on for a month.

Tooth was teetering on by a third of its life.

Finally, SPIRIT decided it was time.

The other day, He made me go to the dentist.

Of course, I prayed He lead me to the right one.

We found one, a wonderful lady.

Christian, too!

Out that tooth went.

Third molar.

The wisdom tooth.

I've got no more wisdom.


Yesterday, SPIRIT was still at it.

"Get those fillings done."

"While you're at it, have your teeth cleaned, too."

Again, I asked He lead me to another dentist.

For the lady dentist was not available.

Surely, by GOD's design, too!

So, we searched for someone my mom recommended.

I kept going around in circles, unable to find his clinic.

Finally, I did, and he was not there.

He was busy elsewhere.

So, I searched for another clinic.

Found a clinic close by, manned by two young dentists.

Colleagues of his.

They said he was close to being a pastor now.

Astounding news!

Who would have thought...

No wonder, he could not be found anywhere near his clinic.

Instead, the capable, young lady worked on my teeth.

If you've gone to the dentist, you know the drill.

And it ain't the most pleasant experience.

But I've got many decades to my years, what's another session?

Clasp your hands, breathe easy, stretch your legs, close your eyes, relax, gargle as needed.

In an hour or so, we were done.

Huh, that fast?!

Also, I must tell you about a strange thing.

I used to read new age* books in 1995.

In 2007, I started seeing a purple "blob" in my "mind's eye".

When GOD made me born again in 2019, that blob disappeared.

Well, whadyaknow!

That purple "blob" reappeared yesterday.

"Awakened".

All on its own.

As it always does.

The blob expanded as the dentist drilled away.

Reacting to every nerve touched.

Seems it was literally being "drilled" out of my brain.

Well, at least, it felt like that.

May have been all those new age books I read.

1 Timothy 4:1

King James Version

4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, 

that in the latter times 

some shall depart from the faith, 

giving heed to seducing spirits, 

and doctrines of devils;


Speaking of new age*, I once had a kind friend who was a "healer".

She said when you have your teeth "repaired" (we'll use that word for now), it has something to do with "decisions".

Well, SPIRIT decided for me two days ago.

When He says, "It's time!", it's time!

He always makes things quick, and simple.

Having done a great job, I could only thank my young dentist.

And thanked the LORD for leading me there, in the absence of the two other dentists.

As I left the clinic, I noticed its name.

"Exodus"


Oh, and I must tell you another thing.

As I sat on the dental chair, waiting for my dentist to return, I saw a sticker on the wall.

I didn't notice it before as her form covered it.

"This office is covered 

by the BLOOD of JESUS"


I knew I was in good Hands.

Did I get my pearly whites?

Not possible, considering I'd neglected my teeth so much.

But my teeth were in much better shape.

So much so, I can't bear to eat anything junk.

I ate an orange for breakfast this morning.

Normally, I'd eat bread, cheese, coffee.

Yesterday, I only wanted a chilled yogurt drink.

Something had been drilled out of my brain.

I expect to start eating better now.

And take better care of my poor teeth.

Pearly whites don't appeal to me.

Only this appeals to me:

Revelation 21:21-22

King James Version

21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: 

every several gate was of one pearl: 

and the street of the city was pure gold, 

as it were transparent glass.

22 And I saw no temple therein: 

for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb 

are the temple of it.


So, that's pretty much what happens when SPIRIT urges a born again workman to visit the dentist.

Prepare to be astounded.

Especially if you pray for guidance.

That you be led to the right dentist.

With GOD, there's always a RIGHT way.

And the RIGHT people to help out.

Oh, and the two lady dentists didn't charge an arm, and a leg.

Only a tooth, and some teeth.

More articles here.


Related post:

VALLEY of DECISION


Image: Clipart Library


Ambassadress of GOD's WILL

  2 Corinthians 5:20 King James Version 20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ,  as though God did beseech you by us:  we pray you in Chr...